When you don’t have a stadpas with green dot or have used the offer during the current stadspasyear already, but you need more financial help for your pet, there are several other options.

Animal Protection (Dierenbescherming) Emergency Fund
If you’re unable to pay your own fees and are living on a minimum income, you can apply for emergency funding from Amsterdam Animal Protection. Send an application for “Daadwerkelijke Dierenbescherming” (“Actual Animal Protection”). More information on this can be found at Dierenbescherming Amsterdam or phone number 088 – 811 33 90.

“Stichting Bevordering Huisdierenwelzijn”
This Foundation supports pet-owners who are (temporarily) unable to provide the basic care for their animal, such as food and essential medication. The Foundation provides a platform for people on a minimum income who need information regarding their pets. Social workers and supervisors can also contact the Foundation for general information and options for support. Further details can be found at Stichting Bevordering Huisdierenwelzijn or phone 06 – 12 66 06 54.